Poetry lovers wanted, pen included
The Healdsburg Literary Guild is looking for poems about love for its annual Poetry Valentine reading to be held Sunday, Feb. 10, at the Bean Affair in Healdsburg.
The guidelines are as follows:
1. Theme: love poem of any kind for anyone or anything. Previously unpublished poems preferred.
2. Poem length: must fit on one page of chapbook in which it will appear (30 lines including spacer lines).
3. More than one poem may be submitted, but only one poem per author will be published.
4. The best 20 poems will be selected for the chapbook by “blind” judges.
5. Author must be present to read it at Valentine event on Sunday, February 10, 2013, at Bean Affair, 1:30-3:30 p.m.
6. All proceeds of the chapbook, a publication of the Guild, will go to the Guild. Authors retain rights to their poems. Author will receive one comp copy.
7. Submission deadline January 21, 2013.
8. All submissions must be in Word Document, submitted electronically to: email@example.com. Include identifying information as follows: name, poem title, email, phone on separate page.