It is forcast to be Partly Cloudy at 11:00 PM PDT on April 17, 2014
Partly Cloudy

Local News

Blood Moon over Sonoma County. (Photo illustration by Kent Porter / Press Democrat)

Blood Moon over Sonoma County

Kent Porter captured this photo montage of last night’s full lunar eclipse.

George Greeott died Monday on the Chalk Hill Road ranch where he'd lived since 1928. (Christopher Chung / The Press Democrat)

George Greeott

George Greeott, who rubbed elbows with a number of seminal Santa Rosa characters including naturalist Luther Burbank, died in his sleep this week, just shy of his 104th birthday.

Curious horse at Red's Riding School. (Photo: Ann Carranza)

Red’s Riding School connects kids with ponies


Healdsburg High grad Anna Levinger turned a bend in a quiet side road into a thriving riding school.

Ceanothus (California lilac) a native wildflower in bloom. (Photo: Ann Carranza)

The Week in Healdsburg: April 13 – 20

A lot of things are happening in Healdsburg this week: Live music, a Tarot slideshow, Clay Wood Cloth fundraiser, learn how to make tortillas, a wildflower walk, the blessing of the rose harvest and so much more.

Earth Day Poster Final Color

Earth Day Festival in the Healdsburg Plaza April 26

15th Annual Earth Day Festival from 11 a.m. – 5 p.m. Saturday, April 26,

DVD front cover Mother Lode (2)

Event Spotlight: Gianfranco Norelli and Suma Kurien at Wine Library

Screening of ‘Finding the Mother Load: Italian Immigrants in California.’


Spotted - Healdsburg


Zinny is waiting at the Healdsburg Dog House for his forever home. He’s an adoptable cat under the care of Sonoma Humane. Sonoma Humane and Petaluma Animal Services opened the Healdsburg campus today.

See more | Share your photos

Bite Club

  • Rare(ish) Varietal Tasting at Bergamot Alley
    Roughly 93% of Northern California Vineyard acreage is planted to eight grape varieties. The remaining 7% of acreage is home to an impressive aggregation of lesser known varieties. A small ... Read more »
  • Dine and Donate to SRJC
    Support the SRJC Culinary students during a Dine and Donate event at Rosso Pizzeria + Wine Bar on  Wednesday April 30, 2014 from 4-10pm. Ten percent of sales will be donated ... Read more »


What should happen to Healdsburg animals now that the shelter is closing?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Writer Spotlight

Ann Carranza,
email contact me    

Follow Us

facebook twitter googleplus pinterest rss

Take Towns with you

Towns just got smarter!
Go to towns.pressdemocrat.com on your web browser on your iPhone, iPad, Android, Blackberry, or other mobile device.

Towns Facebook Updates

The forecast for 95448 by Wunderground for WordPress

Weather forecast by WP Wunderground & Denver Snow Service